Have you ever been told that you are too sensitive and should toughen up?
Do you feel exhausted after being surrounded by people?
Are you simply being too sensitive or are you an empath?
Well, what is an empath?
What is an EMPATH
An empath comes from the word empathy, which is the ability to understand the feelings and experience of others.
You tend to sense and feel the emotions of the people around you. You sense and feel pain and happiness like it was yours.
Being an empath is a gift, but if you do not know how to manage your feelings, it can be tormenting and painful for you.
Here are some questions that you can ask yourself to determine if you are an empath.
You are an empath if yes is your answers to at least eleven questions. And partially empath if you responded yes to at least six of the questions below.
Self Assessment Questions, to see if you are an Empath.
- Have you been told that you are too sensitive or shy?
- Are you overwhelmed and anxious in crowds?
- Do you need time to recuperate from social gatherings?
- Do you feel that you don’t really fit in
- Do you have people, even strangers sometimes, telling you their problems?
- in society?
- Do you get very uneasy with people quarrelling and yelling?
- Do you have high sensitivity for sound, smell or sensation?
- Do you tend to enjoy alone time more?
- Do you have difficulty setting up boundaries?
- Are you sensitive to people’s feelings, emotions and stress?
- Do you suffer from chemical sensitivities?
- Do you enjoy to focus and do one thing at a time?
- Do you enjoy nature like the beach, garden or lakes?
- Do you enjoy one to one or small group gatherings than big groups?
- Do you overeat when you are stressed?
- Do you sometimes feel that you see the world differently from your group of friends or family?
If you are an empath and would like to know more on how to hone or sharpen your skills or shield yourself for better management of your own emotions and feelings, check out this empath connectivity tool.